Tuesday, November 10, 2015

SOS #227: Howdy, Pardner

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Howdy, Pardner, and we'd like you to follow a Western (US) theme. Some ideas: horses, cowboy, cowboy boots, Native Americans, covered wagon. LOTS of options.

Here's my card:


I have a Western-themed set from The Cat's Pajamas, and it's been languishing in the back of my "Other" stamp section for years. YEARS, I tell you!  So I decided to show it some love and ink for this challenge.

The sketch I used is the November Reverse Confetti Sketch For You to Try:



but I didn't use any of their products, so I can't link up. Still a fun sketch, though.

I actually started with the piece of plaid paper I enabled myself to need. I'd recently recovered from making the plaid on this card, and when I saw the MFT plaid paper pack, I bought it.

After I stamped, die-cut, and colored the cowgirl (cowcat?), I selected two pieces of card stock from my cut-off pile next to my paper trimmer (that would be the blue and the orange).

Lining up and adhering the blue and orange strips with the sentiment might have been the toughest part of making this card. Even tougher than coloring my cowcat purple.  The white banner tucks under the orange paper, but the orange tucks under the blue. I really needed a third hand, and Bobra, who has now decided he needs to sit ON my craft table, was no help at all.

I added two purple brads for that sketch element, and called it finished.

So, got Western stuff? Cowboy boots or hat? Horse images? Native American images? Why not ink 'em up and play along with us this week at SOS!

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Cowcat and sentiment from a set by The Cat's Pajamas that I'm sure is older than dirt (and is no longer available for purchase in their store), purple brads from the Pink Hedgehog (no longer in business), Copics (0, E47, E84, W2, YG03, RV11, Y21, BV02, BV04), Lil' Inker stitched rectangle dies, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. That cowgirl cat is adorable, great take on the sketch and love the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on the sketch and like Barb said, the image is adorable!! Now your card (unlike mine) says WESTERN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cowcat!!!!!!! ♥♥♥ this is pretty fab, all round as a matter of fact. even tho the "western" theme very nearly killed me, lol, it's great to see other ppl's ideas/stash... one of my fave things about SOS actually. (#1 fave being our team!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would have stumped me big time, you made the perfect card. Love that cowgirl cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a cowgirl cat, and somehow, I'm barely even surprised. :D This is a great card, pardner! Western theme, hmm? I do have a PS Buckaroo set I won...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stinkin' cute is this one! I love the image and sentiment with that great plaid paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely in love with that image! Great project!
    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)