Friday, September 11, 2015

Heartfelt Thanks

Even though I moan about it, I love it when new stamp companies appear and a new designer is off and running. So I was very excited when Cath Edvalson, formerly editor of Papercrafts & Scrapbooking magazine, and host of the Moxie Fab blog, is now designing stamps and dies. YEP!

She made the announcement here, and I needed to check them out. I admit I did buy a few, and the other day I made this:


No, I still don't like to color, but this stamp reminds me of stained glass, so I needed to try it.  I used three shades of blue for the background, moving dark to light from bottom to top. It's very subtle, as I'm still not bold enough to use colors further apart. I'll get there.

After I colored all the parts-is-parts, I felt a burning desire to emboss the whole thing, so I did. Thrice. I covered the heart with Versamark and clear embossing powder, then heat set it. Then I did it two more times. It's very shiny. I cut it out and cut a piece of fun foam just a bit smaller to put behind it.

To offset the sentiment, I put a few pieces of washi table behind it. Finally, I put it on a Hero Arts Punch card base.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I'll be playing with this some more, so I'm sure you'll see it again.

Thanks for stopping by!

Update: Since I just opened this stamp set, I'm entering this card in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5:



Stuff I used: Heartfelt Thanks by Cath Edvalson, Copics (0, BG02, BG05, B01, Y06, Y08, R05, G21, YG63), washi tape, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! You did a wonderful job for someone who doesn't like to color, and I love the washi table (ahem) behind the sentiment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally worth forcing yourself to colour! And then you used pink, as well! It all turned into a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! And I'm sure it looks even more like stained glass since you embossed the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a modern shiny stained glass design! You did a great job coloring it, Leslie, and I like how you put the Washi behind the sediment! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 and for understanding why I am so terribly late in commenting! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)