Sunday, August 30, 2015

Snow Much Joy

I've been hollering lately about people making Halloween Cards and Christmas Cards. I know we card-makers work ahead, but IT IS STILL AUGUST! GIVE IT A REST!

So, today I made a Christmas card, but not because I got new Christmas goodies. I can't even look at those yet. Nope, it's because the lovely ladies at Jingle Belles came up with a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, and I love those! So many options!


Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I chose the Glitter/Die-cuts/Stamping diagonal, because I cheated. A couple of years ago I used this guy for my holiday cards (I didn't make enough throughout the year and still had to come up with my own design), and I had a stack of extra snowmen all stamped and cut. That took care of the Stamping and Die-cutting squares. Now I just needed glitter.

So first I colored my snowman, then cut the hills (more die-cutting!). I sponged the clouds/sky, then stuck everything down. I put foam behind the snowman's head to even him out, since his bod was on top of the hills.

For the Glitter requirement, I added clear Wink of Stella to his eyes and hat band. You can almost see it here:


Wow, one more Christmas card made. Whoot! I'll probably still need to make my own design this year. Hmmm, I have a stack of these left. Hmmm ...

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Hero Arts Snow Much Joy stamp set (I think it's retired), Simon Says Stamp Make A Scene with Masks (I can't find it in the store, so it may be retired. But you can use any cloud shape, even one you draw yourself!), and the following:





7 comments:

  1. I love that snowman, he is so cute. I might have about 30 or so Christmas cards made, not nearly enough,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So no more yelling about Halloween and Christmas cards from you! :D I totally love how you coloured the scarf and hatband. And sponged the sky, and glittered the hills, and...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow much fun as well as snow much joy! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that little guy ... love the touches of glitter ... so glad you broke your rules and joined us for a little holiday fun at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute snowman card. Now I can get into making snowman cards but not so much Christmas... although I am working up samples for the new catalog.I'm so not into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally NOT cheating, that's PLANNING AHEAD rather brilliantly imo! :) :) :) plus, any card with that ubercuuuuuute snowperson would automatically be AWESOME!!! great take on our "tic tac toe" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)