Tuesday, June 9, 2015

SOS #205: Cute Critter Alert!

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. this week's theme is Critters, and we'd like to see a critter on your project.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:



This is not the card I'd intended to make. Nope. I have a half of a huge drawer full of cute critter stamps, but my mind was set on using an old stamp I got to support a fundraiser, and it needed to see some love. While searching through my other huge drawer of wood-mounted stamps, I found the cat stamp I wanted to use, but this one was right next to it. My brain exploded and I changed up my card idea to use this stamp instead.

Then I realized it had lots of parts to it that would need to be colored, so I stamped it in the wrong ink for water coloring, then pondered my sorry existence. I opted to take the most difficult road and paper pieced the thing. I even had to re-stamp the cat so it wasn't green. I need a keeper.

And in case you're wondering, I did practice with that sentiment stamp to get it straight, and I still managed to stamp it crooked on the card. I haven't lost my touch.*

So, I think you should go dig out some critter stamps and play along with us at SOS this week. You know you want to!

Thanks for stopping by!

* Actually, now that I look at it, the bottom line of the sentiment is straight, so THE STAMP IS MADE CROOKED. It's not me at all!!!!!! 

Stuff I used: Cat On Sofa from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, Get A Cat from River City Rubber Works, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. lol, so cute, LOVE the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ideas that make one's brain essplode and i loveLOVElove this card!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the image and your CAS is alway impressive! Your project and Chris' are color matches. Very pretty!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Super cute card AND sentiment! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's scary how similar our card-making processes are sometimes. Sounds exactly like the way I might make a card. Love the cat stamp — you keep showing off VLVS stamps I need, stop it already! This is the best kind of brain explosion card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is the one that jumped out at me when I got the email from SOS. I have lots of cute critter stamps.... not sure I can get around to playing with any of them in a timely manner but I'll try to keep it on my radar. Anyway, love your card and the greeting just makes it all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best cards come from stamping in the wrong colour and crooked stamping!!
    This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You keep showing off awesome stamps from VLVS. You're making me want to go shopping there. you enabler you! This fussy cut card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)