Friday, December 19, 2014

A Three-Fer

I've been in a creative slump the past few days, but I forced myself into the craft room this morning to see what would happen.  This happened:


I started with the current sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch!:


I had a roll of yet-unused washi tape on my desk, and I thought it went well with the Simon Says Stamp blues, so I went with the current color challenge from Paper Smooches:



And because a plain background is boring, I included the current CASology challenge:


Let's have a look at that card again, shall we?


I applied white embossing paste to the blue card stock, and set it aside to dry. While that was drying, I got to work on the white panel. I didn't have the correct size stitched border to fit, so I made it work with other dies. I opened my new-to-me MFT Vertical Stitched Strip dies and cut a white panel. I then marked the panel so I knew about where I needed to cut to make it the same size as the blue panel, set it back into the die, lined up the notches from the stitching, and cut just the one end. Perfect.

I then wrapped the strip of washi tape around the panel, but realized it would look better if the dotted lines weren't covered up, so I lined it up again and re-cut both ends of the white panel. Next time I'll put on the washi tape first, if I remember.

By now, with all that re-cutting, the paste was dry, so I went to assemble my card. Because I stamp without a net, I realized I didn't leave an un-stenciled area for the sentiment. Sigh. I laid the white panel down to see what I needed to clean up, and carefully scraped away a few of the dots of dried embossing paste.

I then stamped the sentiment in Hero Arts Charcoal ink, put on the white panel with foam tape, and mounted the whole thing to a white card base.

I'm happy that it turned out okay, even with my few hiccups. And I've used that washi tape - yay! Now I can put it away. Hmmm, would you put that in box of blue tapes or the box of neutral tapes? This sort of thing is why so many crafty products end up left out on available horizontal surfaces. That whole Scarlett O'Hara "I'll worry about that tomorrow" thing is a real gotcha sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: mystery washi tape, and the following:






15 comments:

  1. Love it! I didn't know the embossing paste could be scraped off, that's good to know. It's a lot more fun to use than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh love that washi!! I asked Santa to bring me some embossing paste for Christmas. I hope he remembers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That washi tape is so beautiful in those soft tones. Lovely card, Leslie! I think I would put the washi tape in the box of blue tapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snow and the wonderful Washi tape. Lovely lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Washi in the neutral, or wordy bin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet embossing paste!! LOVELY!!! I really like that it is a Thank you card!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your clean, crisp design! Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect combination for so many challenges! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't love this enough! That washi is spectacular, and the snowy background...yep, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a BEAUTIFUL Design!! I LOVE the colors and the texture!! ;) Great take on the challenge photo!! ;) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! ;) Have a Fabulous Christmas Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shade of blue is so perfect, looks great with the embossing paste added!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrumptious shade of blue! Thank you washi? I admit I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing it here for all to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to combine challenges! Your card is fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)