Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thanks

One of the fun things about a crafty retreat with a lot of people: if you get behind on a project you wanted to give to someone at the retreat, you can work on it there and no one will be the wiser. That happened to me last year, when a friend worked on a project for days, then ended up giving it to ME!

Anyway, I had a couple of gifts that I needed Thank You cards for, so I made two of these:


I remembered to bring the tree die, but guess what I forgot ... my crafty sponge. If the clouds and grass look a bit more, er ... textured it's because I used a paper towel to ink them.

This card took me longer than it should have taken, mostly because I wasn't thinking clearly. First I die-cut the tree from a white panel with the intent of coloring it and putting it back into the white panel. But, to hold the tree parts still, I put it back into the white panel and colored it in place, thus destroying the white panel. I cut the tree out of another white panel, left that tree in place while I sponged (paper toweled) the sky and grass, took the blue tree out, and realized I needed another panel behind it to hold the tree once I put it back in, so I glued the sponged panel to another white panel and then put in the colored tree. Then I replaced all the blue pieces between the tree branches.

The second one was a little easier.

I put them both onto Hero Arts Mocha (I think) card bases, then die-cut the Thanks from another card base that was sacrificed because it matched. I also cut several Thanks from white so I could layer them for some heft, glued them all together, and called it a day.

Well, no, not really. We realized that none of us brought envelopes with us, but never fear! I did bring an envelope maker! I took a piece of Neenah Solar Linen white card stock since it's a little thinner than the regular Neenah Solar White card stock, and played with the Envelope Punch Board that I've used maybe once, and I made envelopes for my cards. Wheee!

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I was so discombobulated by these antics that I forgot to add in my standard birds! Oops.




2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. That's the first thing done with that tree that I've liked in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful inking...that paper towel trick might be something to keep in the arsenal!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)