Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Grateful

Thursday (tomorrow) is the big day -- my craft room base cabinets are being installed! So right now my craft room is a big empty (well, half of it is) and what hasn't been stuffed into the craft room annex is still in bags from this past weekend's crafty retreat. Let's just say I won't be stamping for a few days, so you'll get to see some of the projects I made last weekend instead. I hope to be back in business by Sunday or Monday.

Here is a card of which I'm quite proud:


I bought this Paper Smooches set for two reasons. First, the bouquet came already built for me. Being of low patience, I'm not a big fan of the builder stamp sets. Second, it let me practice my Copic coloring.

I used three reds, three yellows and two greens, and outlined it all with B000. It was originally stamped on a panel, but I stamped the "grateful" crooked.  I die-cut the bouquet, then practiced stamping the sentiment -- took four more tries to get it straight. ;/ Then I just stuck the bouquet to the panel.

I colored the edges of another white panel with one of the red Copics, stuck the layers together, and called it done.

I will say one of my peeps stopped by and suggested I make the dark green darker, so I did. It really made a difference, too! I need to be bolder with my dark color choices, and I played with that idea on a few other projects I'll show you throughout this week.

Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. Leslie, it really is beautiful - and yes, you should be very satisfied with it! Your coloring is outstanding! Love the shading. I have a hard time with the darker colors and always seem to make mine too light. Love the dark green on the leaves!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, it's beautiful. I didn't even know they made a die for that stamp. Have you seen the latest thing - it's called MISTI and it's a beefed up version of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig. It's expensive, though, and I haven't talked myself into it...yet. For your enabling pleasure...http://mysweetpetunia.com/64-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Your tribulations lead to a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)