Friday, October 31, 2014

Another Simple Thanks

The current Paper Players challenge is so cool:


that I made a second card:




(My first one is here.) I have a pack of small wood sheets I bought when I went to a Big Box craft store at a point in time when I didn't need anything. This, people, is why I don't "shop". I always come home with stuff I don't need. Well, at least I've opened that package now and used a small bit of one of the wood sheets.

Stamping the sentiment would have been easier if I'd followed the sketch literally and stamped the sentiment on the white card base, but noooooo, I wanted to stamp it on the uneven wood. You can see how well that worked. I even went over it with my black Memento marker, with not a lot of success. I've declared it "rough" and "masculine".

The washi tape was a quick solution to what to put with the wood, since it's got a bit of Kraft-y writing on it. The bird is one of the more "manly" birds in my re-discovered pack of poofy bird stickers. I'm telling you: neat people never make the exciting kinds of discoveries that I do.

I put the wood panel on some foam tape, and mounted it on a woodgrain card base.

I'm also entering this in the current The Male Room challenge to use wood on a card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: poofy sticker from a pack of SpottedCanary.com Studio112 stickers, wood sheets from EK Tools, misc washi tape, and the following:




8 comments:

  1. I like this one too! Great set of cards...thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like the 2 woodgrain patterno together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that white woodgrain paper nice subtle touch setting off your whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is brilliant! I love the texture of the wood panel, the embossed wood background and the perfect accent paper. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok yeah that is a very cool sketch and you have done it proud! love the washi solution to cards with writing on... better than trimming, cover it up! you're a genius, but then we knew that already! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mostly agree that neat people don't find hidden stash they forgot they had but they don't find a pile of awesome stuff that the cat barfed on 6 months ago.... besides I'm pretty neat but I still find stuff I hid from myself. Not quite as fun but close. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the wood on your male card! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)