Monday, September 15, 2014

Merry & Bright

Hello, fair readers! Just a warning that I had a lovely crafty day with friends yesterday, and I brought along my new-and-never-used stamps AND my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box. My intent was to make a dent in the UFO pile, and of course to introduce some of my OMG I NEED THAT stamp sets to ink.

I shall begin with cards I made for challenges, as we all know I tend to miss the cut-off for those. I'll share my UFO-only projects later this week.

For my first card, I played the current Jingle Belles challenge to use this sketch:


and I made this:


I broke open my Lawn Fawn Snow Day stamps and dies and used several of them here. I wanted to emboss the Merry and Bright, but when I asked our lovely hostess for a red pigment ink, she reminded me I'd bought all of them at our crafty yard sale, so they were at MY house. I went to plan C (Plan B was a bust) and stamped in red, traced with my Versamarker, then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The pointy end of the Versamarker is a bit wider than these skinny letters, so up close and in person it's a little fuzzy, but it IS shiny. :)

I thought the white bunny on the big tree (my two sketch elements) needed something else, so I added a string of trees behind them, then popped Mr Bunny up* on foam tape. He really is colored with a light E Copic. I used a black glaze pen on his eyes.

I started to itch with all that white space, so I stamped a few snowflakes in Versamark and clear-embossed them. In real life you can see them. I also went over the trees with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen. 

A random piece of red patterned paper was procured from my pal's 6x6 paper collection, and it was finished.

Crafting with friends is so fun! I'll be back soon with another UFO card.

Thanks for stopping by!

* Does anyone else type "popped up" and think "hopped up"? Like "That kid is hopped up on sugar after Halloween." It's especially appropriate since he's a bunneh. Hopped up ... I'm done now.



7 comments:

  1. As usual, I got just as big a kick out of your post as I did the card! Now I am feeling all hopped up or is it popped up...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuteness overload!
    Thanks for joining us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO ENABLING. I will not buy that bunny. (AUGH! I want it!) I love the patterned paper peeking out at the edges - and dangit, that bunneh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your row of trees really grounds your adorable design ... love it ... so glad you got sketchy with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i ♥LOVE♥ everything about this from that adorable bunny to the embossed sentiment to the PERFECT row of trees that makes this into a real SCENE! awesome take on amy's sketch not to mention an all-round FABULOUS card! it is always more fun when you come hang out with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)