Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hexy Thank You

For my next challenge, I played the current Freshly Made Sketches:

Once again I dug into my UFO pile and this is what came out:


The water colored panel was in the UFO pile, as were the hexagon remains that I couldn't bear to throw away -- probably two months ago, or more. And look - I've used FIVE of them! Yee-hah.

The sentiment was stamped on a strip of water color paper (so it matches the other piece), added with foam tape, and two SU candy dots were added to the end of the banner. I didn't extend the strip all the way across, but it was done in the spirit of the challenge sketch, so I hope it still counts!

There was no way in tarnation I was going to match that blue, so I put the whole thing onto a Hero Arts Charcoal base, and I really like it! I had to trim it down a bit, so it's a little smaller than a standard A2 card.

I'm off to link up, then I have one more challenge card to share with you, also mostly from the UFO pile.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Hexagon remnants, SU Candy Dots - Neutrals, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I am strangely drawn to that odd hexy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple and lovely! That blue background is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hexagons on that cool background! Great card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)