Thursday, August 28, 2014

WOYWW (A Day Late)

It's been quite a while since I've linked up to WOYWW, but I felt my desk was pretty representative today, so here I am. This is actually how I left the desk last night, to technically it was still Wednesday.

Here she is:


Welcome to my world. Everything I need to make a card is within reach. Well, except for the stamps, paper and ink, but once I grab those, everything is here.  FYI: this is a standing desk, an old drafting table I got from someone whose dad made it. I'm telling you this because it's not all that big, which may explain why things are pretty much on top of each other.

Let's do the numbers:


 
1. My desk lamp. It's front (okay, back) and center and shines right over my workspace. I can't live without it.
1.5. That washi tape on top of the lamp? It holds several plastic thingies, pieces of hang-tags from clothing. I use them to put into the nozzle of my Glossy Accents to keep it from clogging. When one starts to bend and becomes troublesome, I toss it and pull a new one from here.

2. A stack of index cards. My pal Lauren talked me into trying the ICAD/DPP prompts and playing outside my sandbox. I don't plan to share these, but now you know I'm attempting to do them. A deep dark secret has been revealed.

3. My stack of printed and not-yet-done challenges. And you thought I was kidding, right? See how they're slopping over the top of the paper trimmer? Once I am unable to use the paper trimmer, I toss the bottom sheets off the challenges pile. It's madness I tell you.

4. The tools of the trade: scissors, eraser, sanding block, paper piercers, rulers, bone folders, clear glaze pen, Memento black and brown markers, Versamarker, craft knife, tweezers, pick-me-up tool, Sharpies, pencils, and a dry paint brush ... the essentials.

5. The adhesives department. Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart gel, multi medium, Tombow runners, PLUS runners, embossing anti-static powder tool, adhesive eraser, and glue pens. And a jar of toothpicks.

6. One of my UFO piles. Partially-complete (UnFinished) pieces that may or may not eventually become part of a card. I like to work out of this pile when I can, if only to reclaim some more space in which to work.

7. Project in progress: Prompt #3 for the ICAD/DPP (see #2) is Drips, so I dripped a bunch of spray inks onto a Gesso'd index card. Right after I took this photo I learned that after 12 hours it still wasn't dry. This is part of the learning experience (or so I'm told) of the ICAD/DPP prompts: making a mess and learning what does and doesn't work, before you try it out "for real".

Now you know. I like to think of my desk as a source of endless inspiration, and sometimes it even works. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Looks very, very familiar... my hubby night crawl into a hole if I put up my craft space on the Net. Looks like a tornado went through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, mine gets that way quick when I am working late nights/early am's. If it is daylight, I usually will clean up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)