Wednesday, August 6, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Homework, Days 1 & 2, Part 2



I'm back with card 2 for the current Online Card Classes Stretch Your Stamps 2 class, where days 1 & 2 are focused on Background and Reverse Background stamps. I made two cards. My first homework project is here. For my second card I followed Shari's project to make this:


I didn't follow directions exactly, but I still like the way this turned out, and it's all about trying new things, right? I'm not even sure the three colors of ink I chose work together, but they're fine by me! Even though it may not be obvious, I did use a T-square to line up the center column of squares, then eye-balled the other two columns, so of course they are a bit off, but I'm okay with that, too! :)

Each square is popped up on a foam square, and since the background was inked on water color paper, I sacrificed two more sheets to make the white layer and the card front. I may stamp and layer crooked, but I try to be consistent with my papers.

Okay, I'm off to play now with lessons learned in Day 3. So fun - you should participate, too. There are so many great tips!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: misc gray card stock, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. You did much better on this one than I did. I love that you added that bit of black border. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)