Sunday, July 27, 2014

Beer:30

After yesterday's card disaster, I decide to try again with the beer, because I really like it. Not beer, but the die-cut and colored beer image. I can't drink beer, since it has bubbles. Carbonation doesn't like me.

ANYway, here's my next attempt with the beer:


I had two pieces of this embossed tweed background on my desk, left from an experiment I never finished. This one was embossed with clear, and the other one (still languishing) was embossed with white. I suppose I could make a second card with the same inks and put them side-by-each, which was going to be my experiment. Maybe.

I took three random colors of Distress ink and used them to color the embossed background to dull it up a bit. The embossing was very shiny, and I didn't think shiny went with beer. Then I added the sentiment banner and the beer mug. Done.

Here's a close-up of that beer, because I really like how it turned out:


I have enough of that Frosted Film for about 33,574,634 more mugs, but I might be tired of coloring them, so you're safe, for a while. Also, that frosted film is not re-positionable, which is why I could be tired of coloring. Just sayin'.

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add: I'm entering this in the following challenges:
The Male Room - Geometric
Simon Wednesday - Emboss
Stuck On You Sketches - Die Cut Food & Beverage
A2Z Scrapbooking Link Party

Stuff I used: vat of clear embossing powder, misc vanilla card stock, and the following:



12 comments:

  1. You are the master of the foamy beverage top! I wonder if you used vellum behind the frosted film and colored it if that would be easier...you know stamp, put down the frosted film, and then color the back of the vellum? I have a roll of that stuff and have yet to figure out what to use it on!

    Oh ya...love the colors on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better. I still love the froth on the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Beer:30 yet?! I'm not a big alcohol drinker but I can appreciate the sentiments behind them. I have a secret inner lush. Fun card and love the foamy beer top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be a beer for me! I love it...looks so realistic and your background is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great one! LOVE the distressed embossed background...glad it was just laying around waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooooooooooh! now THAT is beyond awesome!!! (& secretly, irl, i actually don't even LIKE beer... but i like this one, A LOT!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beer looks very realistic! Love the chevron background. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for playing along this week at MMM - your beer card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute !!! I love the colors !! Thank you so much for joining us at SOUS !!! Hope you join us again and have a wonderful day !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chevron background - looks super, and the foam on the beer mug is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beer mug looks fabulous...great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That beer looks good enough to drink, the froth is great! Love the background pattern and colours, thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)