Saturday, June 14, 2014

Emboss Resist of a Different Color

As I wandered around the craft room earlier, I "found" a package of stickers I'd picked up at a crop back in early May. Did I need them? No. But I won them, so they came home with me:


There were four double-sided sticker strips in the package, so I stuck them to four pieces of card stock, then started to play. Let me just say that two of the four actually survived my screw-ups. NOT the sticker's fault. This is one of them:


I've never embossed with a sticker before (that I can recall), and I was pleased that the clear embossing powder not only stuck to the sticker part, but embossed quite nicely. I thought you needed Versamark or pigment ink to hold the powder and help it melt properly, but obviously I was wrong.

After it was embossed, I masked off the top and bottom with Post-it tape and colored over the embossing with Distress inks using the mini blending tool. That mini blending tool works so well in small places like this!

I added strips of black on either side of the inky goodness, put it on a piece of mystery black card stock, and put all of that onto a Hero Arts card base from my pal's "here, keep this in your craft room" stash.

My last act was to add a sentiment, and I used a nice one this time instead of snarky. This might work for an aunt or other female relative who likes flowers. But I do feel some snark rising to the surface again, so you'll see some of that real soon. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: ClearSnap Design Adhesives (Hawaiian Hibiscus pattern),  mystery black card stock, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. it probably was the sticker's fault, those things drove me crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? I didn't know such a thing existed. The card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is quite gorgeous. I am a sucker for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen those stickers---very cool! And a lovely card too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)