Saturday, February 22, 2014

Red Christmas

If this is a Christmas post, then I'm probably playing over at Jingle Belles Rock. This fortnight's challenge is to use red as the predominant color on our cards. I can do this.

I went through my cache of holiday 6x6 pads - a sadly large collection for someone who doesn't make too many holiday cards, and settled on my Basic Grey Nordic Holiday pack.  Then I rummaged through my collection of neglected holiday stamps and dies and selected a die set from WPlus9 that I might have used once. This is what came out:


I love that green paper, and it has red dots, so: RED. I was afraid the red paper I used for the die-cut words was too busy to work, and I still think it might be, but it is what it is.

I die-cut the three words many times out of a scrap of cream card stock that was laying next to my guillotine cutter, and now the card stock is gone. I got six cuts of each word, and since stacking them together would have reached to the moon, I only used three, and made a second card:



Again with the busy, but I think it's okay.  The hearts in the centers of the words were cut from scraps of the cream card stock I used for the layers, and I glittered them with my Wink of Stella clear pen. They are very shiny in real live.

NO STAMPING here - all die-cutting and glue. I feel like I cheated, though I did use 4 sheets of pretty paper and something from next to the paper cutter, so there's that. And I have two more holiday cards for my stash! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I just noticed there IS a heart in the die set, so that means mine is lost. :(



5 comments:

  1. Sorry that you've lost your heart... um heart die that is. Perhaps it is commingling with other hearts somewhere in your stash. Those are fun word dies and make some nice easy cards. The first one is bit too busy for my taste but the second one I really like even though it is busy. Nice cards! And kudos for using up stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both takes on this design ... great use of those pretty papers ... so very glad you went *red* with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very merry cards. I like the second one better, though. The words on the first one are a bit busy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are both gorgeous and the busy is nice - really makes it pretty and interesting! this is a lovely design - very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you know me, "too busy" is where i START... so i definitely think that both of these work perfectly!!! can't actually decide which version i love most, so it's extra-cool that there are TWO! always psyched when you join our fun at JINGLE BELLES!!! <3

    ps: with regard to your heart... you haven't been to san francisco recently, have you? 'cause that was always happening to tony bennett!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)