Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Embossing Times Two

** For my Shopping Our Stash post, please scroll down, or click here. **

One of the things we learned in our Stenciled Online Card Class was how to use embossing powder with embossing paste and stencils. I have had a tough time mastering this, but I finally got it, so I'll share the results.

Here is card #1:


I used the Simon Says Stamp Mosaic Heart stencil with white embossing paste, then covered it with different embossing powders. After it dried and I heat-set it, I had a bunch of red powder all over the white part, so I cut it out.

As an experiment, I covered a piece of card stock with anti-static powder before I added the embossing paste. I was afraid the paste wouldn't stick on top of the powder, but it seemed to do fine.  After heat-embossing, there was less of the stray powder, even though there was still some, so I guess it was a success.

Here's that card:


I think these large stencils are perfect canvases for the large sentiments I have that I so rarely use.

I'm off to stamp some more. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. Yea! Don't you just love the feel of the embossed paste? Your cards look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these. I have GOT to get me some of that embossing paste. It's top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That's gorgeous. You have outdone yourself with these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need rainbow EPs. And modeling paste. And more rainbow from you - I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stencil paste and embossing powder is an interesting twist to the whole stencil scene. I like both cards with their funky feel.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)