Tuesday, November 19, 2013

SOS #128: Packaging

It's Tuesday, and that means it's time for a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This week we ask you to use product packaging on your project. This was an easy one for me, as I've been saving package inserts and acetate from die packaging, mostly to give me something else to pack and move. *ahem*

But seriously, since I've been making so many of my die-cuts dimensional lately, it's the smart thing to do.

Here's my project, then I'll explain:


Yeah, it's quite minimalist, isn't it? I'm still working off of what I've unpacked or recently purchased, and no, the craft room isn't set up yet.

I took the cardboard insert from some MFT dies and cut the hello out of it several times:


Then I stacked them up and glued them together, and then I cut the die again from some MME Cut & Paste "adorbs" paper I picked up at Archiver's. I may or may not have picked up several different collections. They are all quite yummy.

Here's the die-cut up close and personal:


I chose this piece of striped paper largely because the one green stripe across the second 'L' almost perfectly matches the pool card base. It also gave me a ton of color for my otherwise nekkid card front.

Now it's your turn. Go into your stash and find some packaging you may have saved, or open something new. You can do it! Use the packaging on a project, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Outstanding CAS design, Leslie! I love your sentiment, quite crafty and creative of you! Wonderful project and great re-purposing!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacking the die cuts is another great idea that I always forget. I like stripes on the die cut, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just too clever! And I giggled at having something else to pack & move...I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great job making your own chipboard element! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)