Wednesday, November 20, 2013

OWH Cards

I mentioned the other day that I made a ton of cards for OWH while at a crafty retreat last month. I couldn't send them in, though, because I still haven't found the moving box marked "envelopes". I had to resort to ordering 1000 more envelopes. Yes, 1000. I get them through Heinrich, who is an OWH supporter. You can find them on the OWH Fundraising tab, click on Donate & Shop. Shipping is high, but (1) you can split the order with someone to share the cost, and (2) for 1000 envelopes it's still only 3 cents each, even with the shipping.

ANYway, I finally took some pictures of the cards I made. Let's have a look.

First I performed an exercise to justify my washi tape addiction, and I made a bunch of these:


Then I used some cut-off strips from some papers I used for my change of address cards (still not mailed, by the way, though I do now have envelopes. I'm missing my address book now. ;/)


Then I used some of my DaisyD papers (yes, they are ancient) to make a few Miss You cards:


and some Love You cards:

I think there are about 50 total, which isn't too bad, but it's still not enough to fill even a medium Flat Rate box. I need to get busy this weekend and make some more!

I've been working on the craft room and overflow room, and I have my space almost functional now. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow. I'm itching to get back into some serious crafting!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure OWH will be glad to see you are back in bidness again. These are lovely and perfect for the OWHers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!! just when i thought you could not be more awesome! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)