Wednesday, November 6, 2013

ABNH: Dear Santa, Week 1

Hellooooo! For the month of November, the DT gals over at A Blog Named Hero are celebrating a major mash-up of great companies' products in addition to Hero Arts. It's a lot of fun to work with many different companies and show how well the product play together.



For Week 1, we're making cards, and here's my contribution:


I started with a piece of blue paper from the Lawn Fawn Peace, Joy, Love 6x6 paper pack; I thought it looked like falling snow. :) I then stamped the Hero Arts Winter Trees Pattern with HA Soft Sand ink. My goal was to make it look like it was in the background. The large tree in front is from the Avery Elle Let It Snow set, and I stamped it in HA Wet Cement to make it darker than the background trees. I like that it's long enough to span the entire piece of paper.

I stamped the bird, also from the Avery Elle Let It Snow set, in Memento Luxe Love Letter.  I thought this would make a good "miss you" card, so I stamped the sentiment from the HA Big Hugs stamp set with Brown Bark.

For my final spot of color, I used a heart from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine Adhesive Chipboard Stickers Cut & Paste, inked it with Memento Luxe Love Letter, and after it dried, I stuck it on with some Glossy Accents. I mounted the whole thing on a Hero Arts white note card. I went back with my white gel pen to add "snow" at the base of the trees, and on the tops of the branches on the large tree.

That's a lotta product on one card, and no fussy cutting! :)

Why not head over to A Blog Named Hero to see what the other DT gals have put together?

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!! This is really cool, Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no fussy cutting and the card is really lovely. That little bird is too cute. I like that Hero Arts Winter Trees Pattern, but I think I'd like it better if it wasn't straight across on the top. It should be more...random, uneven, natural maybe? You know what I'm trying to say, right?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)