Sunday, October 27, 2013

Gettin' Inky

One of the first things I did after moving into my new house was find the most important boxes. No, not the kitchen; that's still largely in boxes out in the garage. I'm talking about the craft room. I'm in week #6 or 7 of not getting inky, and I was starting to itch. Fortunately I had a crafty retreat to attend this weekend, so I dug out Craft Desk Box 1, Craft Desk Box 2, and The Rest of The Craft Desk box from the piles of boxes in two different rooms (I might have an overflow problem) and ripped through them until I found most of what I wanted to work on this weekend.

Luckily for me, I planned to come home each night (Bobra is still not sure this is "home", and he needed me), because I forgot 3 or 6 things every day. But I have been crazy-productive, so I thought I'd share a few things I've made.

First, I broke out my Kelly Purkey BACON set and made this:


How fun is that? Several of my cards from this weekend were collaborative, in that (for example) I didn't want to take a week to figure out what to do for a background, so I talked to a few of the ladies and got ideas. I think it's funny that I stamped the pigs on some patterned paper I picked up at the last retreat and I was going to put it back on the "Leave it/Take it" table when I decided instead to just use it!

Here's another one I made:


For this one I used my trusty Lawn Fawn Critters In the Burbs set to make a doggy sympathy card for some friends that had to put their dog down this past week. So so sad. :(

Then there's this one:


I may or may not have taken an unplanned trip to Archivers, just to break up the day and not be sitting, and I got a few stamp sets, so I made myself use them. This card uses a Taylored Expressions set (it comes WITH THE DIES!) and some Me And My Big Ideas papers. You can't tell due to my lack of photography skillz, but the eyes were colored with black and white glaze pens, and they are very shiny in real life.

Last, but not least, is another collaborative card:


I loooove how this one turned out. I used some Basic Grey Persimmon paper and a new-to-me-still-unopened Avery Elle stamp set and dies.

I also made a ton of cards for Operation Write Home, but they were unceremoniously bagged and put away before I took any photos, so I'll get to those later this week.

I still need to finish unpacking the craft room so I can set up my table, but this weekend was a wonderful "welcome back" to the crafty world for me. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope you are settling into your new home and Bobra is exploring every nook and crannies completely. That owl card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling like it's home - I would say if you're stamping, it is! I love them all, but that bacon card - OMG. Love.

    Kiss Bobra for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like it will be "home sweet inky home" happy to see you back online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bacon card is making me very happy, but maybe that's because it's also making my mouth water? mmm bacon
    so happy to hear you got some craft time in! give bobra a squish for me!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you were able to get inky again. Terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! Good to see you again too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! you live within a drive of an unplanned archivers' trip now?! tell bobra to start sheddin' on the guest room bed, i'm ON MY WAY!!!!!! :) :) :) (ps i love alllllll of these, almost as much as bacon!!!) (definitely lots more than pork roll, but let's face it, BACON is hard to beat!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards especially the bacon one! Going to have to case it later for my son! It's pigs galore at our house! LOL. Enjoyed meeting you this past weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)