Sunday, September 15, 2013

ABNH - Game, Set, Match

It's the 15th, and that means it time for a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. This fortnight's theme is card sets:


While cleaning moving things around in the craft room, I rediscovered this Hero Arts Circle Lace stamp and decided it needed to be embossed on Kraft card stock. I cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm into four pieces and embossed the circle on each of them, offset a little to one side. This took off the pressure of having to center the image or get it straight, which we all know so rarely happens in my world. Offset is a good thing.

Here's the first of my four cards:


After I'd heat-embossed the image in white, it was boring, so I took a dauber and applied some Hero Arts Mid-Tone ink to it, then wiped it off the embossed part with a paper towel. I was hoping for more of a resist, but apparently .. wait, I totally meant to do that. Sorry, forgot myself there for a moment.

I like the bit of color I got out of that effort. I also think this would look fabby on white card stock.

Here's another card:


One of those is Soft Pool and one is Mint Julep. For the sentiments, I decided to use my Hero Arts Big Hugs stamp set. I almost never use the solid image sentiments, but I thought they'd be great on vellum over the embossed doilies. I really wanted to use my White Stazon, but it was dead, so I heat-embossed them instead.

I wrapped the vellum strips around the Kraft card stock, then layered that onto a piece of white for some contrast. By wrapping the vellum to the back I didn't need to worry about how to stick it down. :)

Here's the third card:


This one got Fresh Peach ink and another of the solid sentiments.

The Big Hugs set only has three solid sentiments, and I wanted a fourth one, so instead of going in search of another sentiment set, I decided to use the Happy Birthday sentiment on this fourth and last card:


This lace image got some Butter Bar ink. Also, you can see why I think the solid images work better here; or maybe I'm wrong. Now that I look at this, I kinda like it being all see-through.

After I rounded all the corners and stuck the layers to Kraft bases. I added some Hero Arts pearls to finish things off.

So, are you into making card sets? Never done it but want to try? Is it too early to start thinking about holiday gifts? Why not stop over to A Blog Named Hero to see what some of the other DT ladies have made for their sets. Maybe you'll be inspired to play along!

Thanks, as always, to our fabulous sponsor:



One lucky crafter who links up to our challenge will win a $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp to purchase some new toys.



Thanks for stopping by!




Products used: SU vellum card stock, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and lacy. I like the colors that you added to the lace circles, that's a really good idea!

    Do you have the Hero Arts Ink Daubers? Enable me - why do you like them? If you have them, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I have a similar stamp of theirs, must try this. They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)