Monday, July 1, 2013

Sequins City

I've been playing around in The Captains Quarters, and I decided to try and save a UFO. This is what came out:


It's not about the card so much, which I do not love at all;  it's about the sequins. You see, I wondered if you could color the white sequins with Copics like you can color pearls and rhinestones, and I had mixed results.

The sequins on this card were an effort to cover up the fact that I failed to successfully adhere the die-cut piece without all the adhesive showing, which is why it was a UFO. All the spots with icky adhesive stuff got a piece of bling. After I was done, the ones I missed got Glossy Accents. It's not pretty, and will probably end up in the trash.

However, my test worked. I successfully colored white sequins with a BG13 Copic:


The salmon/peach ones came that color. I tried to color some with R05 and it came out splotchy. I think red and I don't get along. ANYway, my experiment worked, so I'm happy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Technique Tuesday Bring on the Sun, Basic Grey Fiction 12x12 paper, Memento black ink, Memory Box Contempo Circle border die, Glossy Accents, Neat & Tangled sequins, Copics: BG13, YG60 (the sun).

1 comment:

  1. Your colored sequins are PERFECT - absolutely swoon-worthy embellishment. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)