Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thanks A Bunch

I just broke out a new stamp set, introduced it to ink and made this:


I was largely influenced by Stephanie Klauck's creation here. Even though I rarely "do" flowers, I needed this set. NEEDED. *ahem*

I love this stamp set. It looks country-y, so I used the barn wood paper for the background. The flowers were stamped on the wood paper, and again onto each of the patterned papers, then fussy-cut and stuck on dimensional adhesive. I even went back to stamp and cut the leaves from a piece of green paper.

Here's a closer look at the flowers:


I stamped it again onto a piece of the wood paper and fussy-cut the centers so I'd have wooden buttons, sorta. I was going to cover them in Stickles but decided all that sparkle would be out of place with the stitching and wood.

The carefully placed ribbon hides the spots on the flower stems where I used a marker to elongate them. The bow was tied separately and stuck on.

I think I need to make another card with this set before I put it away. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU 1/8" taffeta ribbon, SU Basic Black card stock, clearbags.com white linen card bases.




4 comments:

  1. That background is perfect for those flowers, and your fussy cutting skillz are awesome. Ribbon can hide a multitude of things - I like that about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card! A leslie favorite for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this....very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you FEEL the enablage wafting out via the ethernet to nj and COMPELLING me to go and look??!?! it's evil how cool this card is. seriously. beautiful and evil!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)