Saturday, May 18, 2013

Playing With Neon

I may have purchased a new set of Gelly pens recently, and I have that thing where I need to use something before I can put it away, so I set my mind to Neon mode and ... made a lot of pretty trash. But play is good, and I figured out some stuff.

First, here's the one card I managed to make:


And yes, it took me all afternoon to make it, too. I spent about half my time making the pattern I used for the flag/banner thingie. I saw a new stamp set with a bunch of chevrons and one very cool overlapping pattern. Well, I have a ton of chevron stamps, so I set out to make my own overlapping one, and I did! Lookie:


Cool, huh? I may do a video on how I made it if I can get my camera set up right. It's pretty easy (the stamping part, not the setting up my camera part, or I'd have made a video by now), and has so many possibilities with different color combinations. :)

The other thing I played with was (were) my new gelly pens. Their real name is Sakura Glaze pens, and these are the Brights collection. I thought they looked neon, but they are actually just really BRIGHT. They come out shiny and a little pouffy. See if you can tell here:



I used one of the wings from the Paper Smooches My Peeps set and stamped a flower, colored the tips and let it dry, then cut it out. After staring at it for a while, I decided it should be flair for the orange peacock, so I hacked off part of it. Then I hacked off the bird's legs so I could pop him up on some dimensional adhesive.

I tried to color some pearls with the glaze pen, but that was another mess, so I went back to my trusty Copics. You'd think I'd learn. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that chevron banner! One more thing to add to my endless wish list. Enabler! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made that pattern? nice stamping chickadee! did the glaze pens flow well?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)