Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The End of Another Paper Pack

[If you're looking for today's SOS challenge post, please scroll down or click here.]

I DID IT! I finally (mostly) finished up the remnants from my Basic Grey Marrakech 6x6 pad. I made 25 cards yesterday, and I thought I'd share some of them with you. It may seem like I'm sharing ALL of them, but no, just a sampling of a few of the varieties.

First, I followed pretty much the same path I did the last time I did this, and made some with the solid papers and banners from some of the cut-offs:

But this time I layered the third banner on top instead of tucked under, and I like it much better.

Another variation of the same card:


I used Night of Navy as layers, Navy twine, and Chipped Sapphire for most of the sentiments.

With this next one, I love the mix of blues and greens:

 And here's one on blue:

Once I'd used all the solid papers and larger cut-offs, I moved on to the smaller cut-offs:

On that one I went all crazy and used a Sage ribbon instead of navy twine. I might have a weakness for sage.

On this next one, I was very pleased with myself for noticing the orange in the blue layer and actually including an orange banner:

I also got bored with banners (imagine that) and started making some not-banners, and put them to the left of center:

The challenge with these was finding a not-horizontal sentiment. I even broke out some stars with this one.

Also please notice this one has navy grosgrain ribbon instead of navy twine. That's because in my haste to stick all these pieces down to the card bases, I failed to wrap the twine around the layers first. Have you ever tried to wrap rustic twine through a tiny slit in the card fold? More than one wrap? I failed miserably and settled on navy ribbon instead.

Here is one of the three-banner ones I made on a navy background:

 ...so I had to be creative with the sentiment so it was visible. I didn't think white would work, so I opened my SU Wild Wasabi embossing powder and made it green. :) Hey, it almost matches ...

This one got embossed in white:

 And this next one may be my favorite of the bunch:

I love the sage-y background, and I did emboss the sentiment. I like that (if you're quick enough) the Ranger Distress inks are wet enough to emboss with. This is Chipped Sapphire embossed with clear EP.

This next one was a challenge:

First, I can see it needs to be sat on. Sigh. You can see I was scraping the bottom of the papers. I used a thin navy strip to anchor the banners. I had to layer it with some navy card stock to give it enough heft to hold the twine; the twine I actually remembered to add before I stuck it down.

My one horizontal offering:

And to be really different, I made the sentiment into a tag. I just cut it into a rectangle, rounded the bottom corners,measured and cut the top angles, punched the hole. Easy peasy.

This next one was the last card I built:

... and when I was trying to figure out where to add a sentiment, I went WILD and stamped the words onto the banners. Living on the edge, I am.

And yes, it's crooked. Hey, it was either the card or the banners ... I had to pick one.

I lied earlier. THIS one may be my favorite of the bunch:

The background paper wasn't a full 4x5.25, so I trimmed it up, layered onto a piece of navy, added some twine, and centered it (pretty much) onto a card front. The challenge with this one was a sentiment. I was going to go with a white strip of card stock, but thought it would be too stark. I really liked how the colors of the banners blended into the blue background, so I let that be the star, and just stamped a very subtle "i love you" up the side.

That's 25 more cards for OWH, and one mostly disappeared 6x6 pad of paper. This is all that's left:

 A few strips of paper and three 2" squares. Oh, and this:

I have no explanation as to why this is left, but it is. I think I can find a way to use it.

So that's it. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go open some of my new crafty goodies and play a few challenges today.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:
Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments (SSS | EH)
Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages (SSS | EH)
Paper Smooches Party Posse (SSS | EH)
Ranger Distress Chipped Sapphire ink (SSS | EH)
Ranger Distress Chipped Sapphire marker (SSS | EH)
May Arts navy twine (SSS) also available at Amazon
Corner Chomper 1/4" & 1/2" (SSS | EH)
Crop-A-Dile (SSS | EH)
SU Sage ribbon
SU Wild Wasabi EP
SU Night of Navy card stock
SU Naturals White card stock

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on disappearing another paper pack. I like all of them but my favorites are the not-banners ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this! I don't know where to start. First off, kudos on using up a paper pack. You know how I use them up? I give them way. That doesn't help the card pile grown any though. Second, I have to do "something" for 50 paper crafters in March. It is the stamp clubs birthday and they have different stations that people can rotate through. The idea is each station have a make and take or a demo. I signed up to do a table. All I know is I wanted to make a quick and easy card using paper scraps. THIS IS IT! For prep, just cut 7000 banners (or heck, just paper strips and make them make the V-cut) and have some different sentiments to use. This is awesome! And it solves my dilemma of ink. See, these darn women stick black ink into my red ink pad. It is an annual tradition and of course, it isn't ever just one ink pad but 3 or 4 of them. So, they can stamp the sentiment in black or not at all. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And double thank you for posting where you got your twine for these! I have May Arts natural twine and LOVE it so I am familiar with it and SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic cards and way to finish a paper pad :) i have yet to finish one so thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)