Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SOS #85 - Suits Me to a T

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week's theme is Suits Me to a T, and we ask you to use at least two items that start with T: tag, tape, twine, trees, tinsel, Tattered Angels products, tin foil, tin cans, trim, tea bag, tea cup, tomahawk, tangerine, tigers, turtle, etc. Be sure to list what they are in your post!

I chewed on this one for a while and finally came up with this:

That's Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and they are twins. For good measure, I colored their pants teal, and at the last moment I added some twine.

Everything on this card is scraps remnants. The paper is from my Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe paper pack, and it was even cut to 4" already; I just needed to trim the other side. Granted, this pattern seems like it should be vertically oriented, but my brain couldn't flip the sketch, so it's sideways. I apologize if you have vertigo.

The grey layer is another quarter sheet of SU Basic Gray, and the strips were trims left over from making these cards. See what happens when you don't keep a spotless craft desk? INSPIRATION, that's what!

The sentiment is made of two stamps, both from the Hero Arts Calico Borders set. The HB sentiment is actually repeated, but I cut it in half. I wanted to curve it into that film strip image, and I was tired of wrestling with it. Being so long, like in this post, it just works better for me cut in half. That's only part of the film strip image, too.

Oh, and I was following this sketch from Clean & Simple:

Now it's YOUR turn. Start thinking about things that begin with the letter T, choose at least two of them, make a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've created!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum stamp by Leavenworth Jackson, purchased in an unguarded moment at my LSS many, many moons ago
Hero Arts Calico Borders stamp set (SSS|EH)
Copics: C1, BG49, YR18, E000
Spellbinders Circle dies Large (SSS) and Small (SSS)
Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe paper (SSS)
Memento black ink (SSS | EH)
SU Basic Gray card stock
Neenah Solar White card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)

6 comments:

  1. I think the chevron paper is the perfect complement to Dee & Dum, who, by the way, remind me of Grumpy Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image! You have the best collection of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love the image and the twine bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOVE that your "T"'s are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb! That is creative and amazing!! Great card!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. *snort*
    Your t's rock. And the fact that there exists a Tweedledum and Tweedledee stamp just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Tweedle twins with teal trousers!! Great card! My hubby does have vertigo right now and that dp design would make his eyes crazy! Perfect match for the twins though!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)