Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Not-Banners for OWH

Tonight I played with more strips of paper, triggered by this card I saw on Pinterest. (link is to the actual original blog post) Well, I started with that idea, but this is what came out:

Yes, I called these not-banners. :)  I cut strips of paper from my Basic Grey Lemonade 6x6 paper pack and started, you know, sticking them to white card bases. I tried to get four papers that sortof went together, both color-wise and pattern-wise. Where the original card had two hearts, I opted for one, says Captain Obvious. I did, however, punch more hearts out of a piece of thin chipboard/packaging stuff and put two of them behind the white heart for some heft.  The heart is popped up on dimensional adhesive.

Here's another one:

Same papers as the first one, just different lengths.

Next:

Here I swapped out a larger pink pattern for the smaller one. Crazy, I know.

Next:

Here I've included a piece of green. It sorta ties in with the yellow pattern on the right. Plus, since they were all from the same paper pack, I assume that green goes with that blue and that pink.

Next:

This card demonstrates just how crazy and over-the-edge I can be. I used the same blue twine even though there is no blue paper on the card.

I won't bore you with more of the not-banner ones, but this last one is a bit different:

Even though I am drowning in paper, I couldn't bear to toss these strips, so I put them on a card front. I was going to stamp the sentiment on that white horizontal strip, but then I got all distracted playing with twine and decided to wrap it around the piece instead, which would then allow me to put a heart over it. It was kinda fun.

So I've got a total of eight more loooove cards for OWH.

Hmmm, if I do this in small batches like this, I betcha I can disappear some more of that paper pack this week. :)

In other news, a Bobra photo:


This was taken against a background of white vertical blinds through which the sun was shining. No, I'm not this artsy - it really is all washed out. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love the cards. The OCD part of me prefers #4, but they are all quite lovely. Bobra is adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a whole whack of this paper pad - all teeny scraps, because not only did I love the pad, I bought a second one. Ahem. Seeing all your disappearing posts is getting me almost ready to part with them :)Love the twine wrap on the last one - that's a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ut oh, looks like someone really has an attitude. ha ha ha Love these cards. TFS Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. now see, i was alllllll set to ooooooh & ahhhhh extravagantly over the GORGEOUS and amazingly clever varieties of "not banner" cards (& truly i LOVE THEM) but then i saw the handsome visage of the handsome bobra and suddenly for some reason i feel compelled to hijack a tuna boat and sail it to gaithersburg! brb! kthxbai! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title of this post-made LOL for real. Something about this design is calling to me, I may CASE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobra is saying (with his eyes) - "You are under my spell. You will get me catnip and chewy delicious things and you will do it now."

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)