Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Playing

One of my peeps - Natalie - attempted to enable me by showing me a cool bow die from Lil' Inker. Here it is cut from felt, and here it is from card stock/paper. I DO NOT NEED another source for dies. Plus, this makes a poofy bow, which, if you check out Natalie's SCS gallery will be perfect for her, but for me? Not so much.

So I was determined to make my own bow for the few times I might need a poofy one. Here's what I did: I punched and cut some paper. I DID! Here are the Lil' Inker parts (left) next to the pieces I cut (right) -- like that isn't obvious:

 I used the SU Wide Oval punch, but I think the Petite Ovals Nestabilities might be better. Hmm.  Here are the bow parts folded and stuck:

 Then stuck mine together, ripped them apart and trimmed the rectangle to be skinnier in the center:

 Here are the assembled bows side-by-each:

Yes, theirs is MUCH nicer than mine. Hmm, mine is actually poofier than theirs, too. Why am I here, again? Geez. Maybe I do need this die. Whoa, what just happened here? I might have enabled myself.

So anyway, I tried. I'm going back in to play some more. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I think yours looks just fine and besides, when you send the card the bow will get smashed anyway. I love the look of those bows but probably would never use one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SELF-enablage, that is very DIY of you missus! but then making your own diecut bow (which i LOVE actually!) is in the same vein... you are so clever at actually TRYING (& in this case "tying"... ok sorry... that was terrible even for me!) your brilliant ideas! many of mine die of lonlieness inside my head! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. lurve... i actually saw the bow tie on another blog lately (Jen del muro? i dunno) and love it. good thing I'm broke, must resist die purchase...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)