Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SOS Challenge 51 - Patterned papers

It's time for another challenge over at Shopping Our Stash! This week we ask you to use three or more patterned papers on your card. This is a PERFECT challenge for using up scraps (er, remnants) of all those pretty papers you are hoarding. Yes, I'm talking to YOU! I include myself in this accusation, as I do hoard pretty papers; I'm good at it. Too bad it 's not a marketable skill.

Here's my card:

 I followed this sketch from Skipping Stones Designs:

 All my papers are from the Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 pad. Sentiment is from the SSD Grunge set. Rolled flower was cut with an MFT die. Pearls are all SU. My "scallops" are left-over suede-paper Quatrefoils from making this background on my Silhouette. I have a pile of them on my desk:


Here's that handsome rolled flower, up close and personal:

I filled the flower's center with Glossy Accents to hold that large pearl, and it took about 2 hours to dry. ;/

Now it's YOUR turn. Go into your stash, find some patterned paper (at least three of them), make a card with them, then come pack to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. i ♥looooooves♥ this one! specially that awesome rolled flower which i'm trying to disenable myself from looking up on 2p's! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty! Love that flower and the scallops on this. Fantastic card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever way to make a scalloped border! And your rolled flower is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the border using leftovers, what a great idea. I have been fiddling with my Silhouette today, but don't have any leftovers large enough to do anything with yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad hoarding paper isn't a marketable skill, we'd all be masters at it :)
    Love this & the flower is gorgeous! Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie! Thought I'd pop over to your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I'm impressed that you used those leftovers from a Silhouette cut for your scallops. Great idea for a pretty card! (I took the A Cut Above class too, and I need to finish some of those lessons as well. I don't think I'll ever catch up!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)