Saturday, May 5, 2012

Scrappy Sketch

Another sketch challenge -- this time it's from Eat Sleep Stamp:


This screamed "USE SCRAPS", so I did:

My Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 pad is still out, so I used the small pieces I store inside the cover. Easy. I cut the rectangles with Nestabilities Small Labels dies, and dug out four black brads fill all that space.

But wait, guess what else was still out on my desk: Washi tape! Yes, indeedy! So I had another go at the sketch using these tapes:

and I made this:

In real life, that green-ish layer (from the Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 pad) is a closer match to the green stripes. The rectangles were cut with Nestabilities Reverse Wonky Rectangles. The sentiment is from River City Rubber Works, and was stamped in SU Island Indigo.

I think I'll play with the Silhouette tonight until I have something worthy of sharing. :) I have some ideas, but I'm not sure about the execution. Practice, practice, practice.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the sketches you are finding to use with washi tape. Your cards are inspiring! I've had some tape for quite awhile, just sitting around collecting dust like everything else around here. I wanted to tell you that your photos have been looking so clear and bright - not that they were bad before - just improved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Washi tape success. I like the sentiment on this card, too. I think my ship has sunk already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOTH of these are great but the sentiment on that second one will absolutely have me laughing out loud all day long!! Priceless!!!
    You're making me want some of that tape now too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so fun and the sentiments are a hoot! I need to pull out my snarky ones this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Those washi tapes are soooo super pretty. Gorgeous colors. And what a fun sketch, too! Great card in all it's snarkiness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are now OFFICIALLY (well, officially to me, which means nothing, but it's the thought that counts!) the ♥WASHI QUEEN♥ (which actually sounds like an award in the commercial laundry business, doesn't it? sorry!) and my personal heroine on this topic! MUST. MAKE. TAPE-BASED goodness. NOW!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sentiment! Too funny. Great use of the washi tape, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! Not just one awesome card, but 2!! I got the same feeling when creating the sketch - use scraps! But heck the washi tape.... LOVE IT! I still have to get some. Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday @ Eat, Sleep, Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)