Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hambo Challenge and CAS (not)

I tried the Hambo Hoedown challenge again, this time remembering it involved CORNERS. I still failed, unless consistently-rounded corners counts as "dressing up", which I'm pretty sure it does not.

I also used a sketch that has been stuck in my head since I first saw it, and tried to make it work.

Here's the sketch from Card Positioning Systems:

When I first saw it, I thought "stop light!" Then my challenge was how to incorporate that into a card. THEN I thought I needed to use a Hambo image. Then this happened:

I totally blew the CAS aspect of the challenge, but it NEEDED CLOUDS! I originally had just the stop light, cow and grass and it was booooooring. I was going to use my LawnFawn Harold's Letters set to stamp "cow crossing" but then I decided the sMOOches sentiment from Paper Smooches was better.

Oh, look, the stop light is crooked. ;/

And the Hambo challenge was to dress up the corners. I don't think a corner rounder really counts there, but I'm going to enter it anyway, if only to let them know I'm not dead.

Other details: Cloud die - A Muse Studio; Grass die - MFT (I think); image - Hambo farm cow; sentiment - Paper Smooches; buttons - hand-made by moi; card stock - ALL SCRAPS!; Copic markers and silver glitter gel pen for coloring.

That's it! I'm off to find something for dinner, then I'll hopefully stamp some more.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Love the stop light and I still think that cow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!!!!!!!!!!! well, i'm sorry if it doesn't count for the challenge! now, to *ME* consistently rounded corners IS drssing them up... at least... it's as dressy as *I* get in that area!!! and also, they look FAB and fit the sketch perrrrrrrrrrfectly! on the other hand, even i can see this isn't exactly C&S... but then... it's got a handmade stoplight (!!!) a fabulous cow, AND gorgeous clouds which i'll take over C&S anyday. so there!!! sMOOOOOOches to you too, missus!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rounded my corners, too ;) For some reason I thought that WAS the challenge, lol! I just love this card you've created, the stoplight and cow are adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just fine! Love your cow! Thanks for joining us at Hambo's Hoedown this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)