Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Holidays?

Yes, I know it's not even Halloween yet, but I decided to include a Christmas Card with this month's Stamp Camp projects. Just because. I mostly CASEd this card by Jan Tink, but of course I made a few changes, just to make it my own. Here's mine:

I used the same papers (Frostwood Lodge) from the Holiday Mini - I think it's brilliant how she got 4 different patterns in there with tiny strips of each. I would have been loading this thing up until it weighed 3 pounds. ;/ What I changed: I don't have that snowflake die* (yet), so I used the Northern Frost Sizzlit Decorative Strip die and cut just one from some of the Silver Glimmer paper. It's a really detailed die, and the paper is kindof thick, so I didn't bother punching out the little bits in the center - just around the outer edge:


Something else I did differently - I added a piece of the velvet ribbon to the bunch, and put a rhinestone brad around all of it and put that through the snowflake to hold it in place. Last month The Ladies had such a swell time with the brad-around-ribbon thing I thought I'd hit them up again with it. :)

That's project 4 of 4, so now it's time to cut the card stock and make up the kits. I have a few more things up my sleeve, and if I get my act together, I may even get to make them today. Wish me luck! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: She used the snowflake punch, not a die, and yes I have it, but I just broke it, so we still won't be using it tomorrow. ;/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)