Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SOS Challenge #10 - Buttons, Blooms & Bananas

This week's challenge over st Shopping Our Stash is Buttons, Blooms and Bananas. From our fearless leader, Carla: Let's gather up those odd buttons and blooms that have been waiting to be called into service! Do you have a button jar full of old or mismatched buttons or scads of paper flowers? How about coming up with a new way to use your buttons or blooms? If that doesn't do the trick for you, how about digging out any vegetable and/or fruit themed stamps, papers or embellies?

Um, well, er, I might have ALL of the above, but my brain focused on the "bananas" part of the challenge and I made this:

(heh heh) The images are all from a GinaK set that I thought I had lost but it was just buried under the Heaplet. There's a lot going on with this card, so here are some details:

The black doily die-cut is from my UFO pile and was made a while back with an MFT die with (I think) SU DSP.
The smaller white doily was cut with the smaller of the two dies in the coordinating MFT Doily Duo pack.
All the other papers are from the Basic Grey out of print 6x6 pack.

Let's look at that ribbon:

I made that using SU Vanilla seam binding and one of the pink inks and the technique seen here in this fabby video by Mary Dawn. I like that it isn't consistently colored and is all wrinkly. Some people pay big bucks for wrinkled ribbon. :) I added that yellow button for a bonus, and because I could. :) I kinda like the yellow with the pink, and I didn't think I would.

The bananas were colored with these three Copics:

That's it! Now go into your stash and rescue some long-forgotten flowers or buttons or vegetable/fruit stamps, use them on a card, then link up over at Shopping Our Stash so we can seeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute. I really need to get that BG paper collection....its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BG paper you used & the fantastic die cuts....oh and the ribbon. LOVE it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love your snarky cards! Way to go with the banana theme for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)