Friday, April 29, 2011

Pink + Orange

Tonight I was just playing with some of my new SU schtuff, desperately trying to come up with some ideas for my May Stamp Camps. There has been a plethora of red + orange + pink on the Interwebz lately, and I'm trying to work with it. I took my first step with this ribbon wreath, then I ordered the Sweet & Sour Specialty papers from SU to give them a spin. I also wanted to somehow incorporate the leaf image from the Fabulous Florets stamp set from the upcoming Summer Mini (starts tomorrow!). This is what came out:

The polka dotted paper is embossed in spots and is all shiny (it comes that way, which is why it's called 'Specialty" paper); the fleur is embossed with some Melon Mambo EP (available starting tomorrow); the ribbon is Pumpkin Pie taffeta; the leaf is stamped in Pear Pizzazz; and the pink layer is also Melon Mambo. If I use this project for my Stamp Camps. I might just use up the remaining 3 or 4 sheets of Melon Mambo I have. ;)

ETA: I forgot to add that I broke out my gold Smooch paint and added a few specs around the flower's center. (good demo moment)

I have a bazillion more ideas floating around in my head, and I hope to actually make some of them this weekend. Right now, though, I need sleep. I woke up at 4:15 am, and not on purpose, but I still couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and watched the wedding on the Royal YouTube Channel (for realz - they have one!) Tomorrow I get to retrieve my tent and standing card rack from my storage unit and try to fit them into my new old car. My markets start NEXT weekend. Whoot!

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I don't think there is one single thing straight on this card. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. love the idea of the cut out flower mounted over the green stem.

    Market season already ! time is wooooshing by.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)