Friday, April 15, 2011

CASE du jour

You may recall I had to put my sweet kitty down 2 weeks ago. :( I got many beautiful cards, and I thank you all. It meant a lot to me. One of my sweetie-head Tweeps, Miss Lisa of Papergrace Designs, sent me this amazing card:

What's not to love? A heart with tiny kitty foot prints on it and a rainbow of baker's twine. Check out those eyelets! I smelled a CASE, because, sadly, I sell a lot of pet sympathy cards at my markets.

I played with my idea last night and this is what came out:

The sentiment was sent to me by another Tweep, and I adore it! What a wonderful way to think about the part of your life that was shared by your beloved pet.

My hearts were punched with the small SU heart punch (!); the rest of the images are from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the 'Burbs set. Since I'm working in about 3 square inches of space on my table, I've been pulling remnants from the table to try and disappear them, so the dog was stamped on a piece of water color paper - hey, it was there. I'd never colored with Copics on water color paper, but I like it! I'll do a more serious experiment another time; last night it was just a matter of convenience. :)

In hindsight, I don't like those knots in the twine. My next version of this card will have a raised white layer so I can wrap the twine and stick it to the back and not have it show. Tonight. I'll make that one tonight. Heck, everything is still out ...

Speaking of tonight, it's THE WEEKEND! Whoot!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, L! TFS Lisa's fab twine and coordinating eyelet card. What an original and fun design! That being said, I enjoyed your inspired card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! Thanks for sharing my card sweetness & for feeling inspired by it to create your own version of it which is lovely!! Love that sentiment soooo much - wow. And, I actually like the knots, I think it gives the card a little "texture", but I totally get it if you don't. Over-all...a stunning card for an all too sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh les, sorry to hear about your kitty. "what we have once enjoyed, we can never lose."

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)