Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Punchy Birthday

As I sat at The Captain's Table earlier this afternoon, I started putting things away (I KNOW) in an attempt to reduce the clutter on the table and reclaim some elbow room. I think I only lost one stamp along the way, too! ;/

For my next trick, and since it was still out, I decided I wanted to use the scalloped square and owl shaped stamps from the SAB Punch Bunch set. Colors. I needed a color challenge. I immediately went to my old friend Splitcoaststampers, and since today is Tuesday, it's Color Challenge Day! YAYAYAYAY!

This week's colors are Bravo Burgundy, Pear Pizzazz and Baja Breeze. Mmm-hmmm. I had to look at them for a while, but then I went to work and made these:



I ran the top strip and a white layer through the Big Shot with a Sizzix texture plate so it wasn't so plain, and I added ribbon the same color as the top strip since I didn't want it to scream "look at me", but, well, it HAS to have ribbon!

In other news, all my furniture was picked up today - donated to the Salvation Army. I have no couch, chair, TV, bed or headboard. I did find about 3452 cat toys that kitteh thinks are new. I also had to put a stool next to her perch since the couch was no longer available as a step. Right now she is sleeping on top of the mound of folded blankets in the bedroom. Poor thing.

Also today I had my new Captain's bed delivered. It is in parts in 4 boxes in my Dining Room. Tonight I suspect I'll be sleeping on an air mattress, and okay, for many nights to come. And as bad as sitting curled up on the couch was for my back? Sitting at the Dining Room table isn't so much better. Ow.

I might need to go stamp some more. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Owls! :-D This is far too cute! Being in Dijon, I really appreciate the little owls because it is the symbol of the city!

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owls! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards! I have not used those owls yet.

    I hope you post your new bed when you get it set up :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)