Thursday, December 30, 2010

What a Hoot!

In my never-ending quest for projects for my monthly Stamp Camps, I read endless blogs in search of ideas to steal CASE. I don't ever really 100% steal anything, partly because most times I don't have 100% of what the other crafter used, but more-so because I like to make it my own. And I like to sleep at night. I do guilt really well, so I'm much more comfortable with "being inspired" by someone's project than out-and-out copying it.

A while ago, I ran across this project on Diana Gibbs' blog, and then she came back today with all these cool variations. I was already sunk, so tonight I had to try it myself. My Stamp Camps are, after all, next weekend! GAH!

Here is my first pass:

I used SU's Summer Garden DSP so it will be bright and cheery all year long. I did the eyes of the owl a little differently, too, because I could. After I made this, I liked it well enough, but it was missing something. So I enhanced it thus(ly):

... by adding the heart (contrasted with black so you can see it), and adding wings. I'm not 100% happy, but you have to admit: he is pretty handsome, non?

In other news, there is no other news. I need to make two more projects (cards) for next weekend, and get going on my year-end spreadsheet for the biz. Ugh. That will keep me busy for days.

I still owe you my Baby Card saga, and I shall post that tomorrow.

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. how about this, only with Valentine papers?? Just an idea, think I'm going to make one myself :) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1861564?&si=quilt

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)