Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hugs & Kisses

It's pink. And next to purple, I don't "do" pink. I struggle with both, but, well, for Valentine's Day, you just need to do "pink".

A while back, I came into about 2845 sheets of 12x12 Mellon Mambo card stock, and I've been pondering what project to do to make a dent in it. It's pink, so naturally I thought of Valentine's Day. And what better way to take advantage of 12" paper than with one of the Bigz XL dies. So I made this:

I used the (gets the book out for reference so she gets it right) Fancy Favor Bigz XL die to cut the Melon Mambo card stock. The stamps are all from the "XOXO" set from the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog. The pom pom ribbon is new, as well. Actually, as soon as I saw it, it pushed me towards making this box. It was kismet.

I plan to score additional points with The Ladies by providing Hershey's Hugs and Kisses to fill their boxes. :)

Here's a side view of the box for the uninitiated:

The die cuts and scores so all you need to do is fold, tape and decorate. Wow, that's one project planned for January, and it's still December! Yay, me!

In other news, my customer came to pick up her special order cards today and they loved them. That makes me so happy. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: Please ignore the ink that shows above the left edge of the white layer. I originally stamped the image directly on the Melon Mambo, and I intensely disliked it, so I did my best to cover it up. :/

4 comments:

  1. It's adorable! So cute...even if it is pink. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww pink!! ;) HAHAHHA!! I jest. Super cool box! Bet you could've embossed that puppy, too...maybe added something shiny? OR heat embossed the XOXO Hugs & Kisses? Huh, huh?!?! HAHHAH!!

    I think it rocks!! The trim is really cute, and the ladies will love it, just as they love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I like it! I don't do pink, either, particularly Melon Mambo, but with that trim and the black it looks fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Wow- already on Valentine's! You are on the ball.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)