Monday, September 20, 2010

Nothing New Here (#998)

Continued rumors of my demise are once again exaggerated. I've been busy, busy, busy, but not with anything new or exciting. I've made all the extra cards from the remaining class kits, and I've made a bazillion more bookmarks for my October craft show. I've also started making more of the "It's a Birthday Cod" and "It's an Anniversary Cod" series, because they keep selling out!

So you see, nothing new or exciting.

However, did you know we have an upcoming trifecta? Yep! (1) Tonight you can see Jupiter in the night sky. It's the brightest thing up there next to the (2) almost-full moon. And Wednesday night, 11:09 pm, is the official Autumnal Equinox. Wiccans and witches and pagans everywhere will rejoice.

I did my duty and managed this blurry shot of the night sky:

[Top right red circle identifies the almost-full moon. Left red circle identifies Jupiter. The other lights near the bottom are from someone's townhouse.]

... and I live in the 'burbs, with lots of lights! So if you have a clear sky, look towards the SE and see what you can see.

I hope to have something of substance to share soon.

PS: If you would like to contact the Rock Lady, I need you to link me up to your email address. If you don't include it as part of your name in my comment, and if it's not on your blogger profile, I can't reach you. I've tried. ;) Please email me (link in my side-bar) if you have security concerns with your email address in a blog comment. Thanks!

PPS: #998 in the title means this is post #998. I smell a give-away very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about Jupiter, we are out in the semi-boonies and it's very bright from here. I can't believe the Autumnal Equinox is here already, but I want to Autumnal weather to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!! don't s'pose I'll see that from here will I :-( I've always been interested in the sky and all it has to offer, but the light pollution here is appalling....such a shame.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)