Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Holiday Mini Sneak Peek!

Just a short post tonight because (1) it took me SO LONG to make this card, and (2) there's a storm brewin' again, and I want to power off all my 'puters so they don't fry.

My SU pre-order from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog is IN THE HOUSE, and OMG. YOU, my lucky readers, get some sneak peeks of the yumminess. Tonight I made this:

I'm not sure I could cram any more onto that card. Seriously. All the images are from the new Filled With Love set, which I tried to use as something other than a Valentine's Day set. I think there's enough lovey-dovey stamps in there that it works. I always try to make cards that are good for more than one holiday, or that aren't holiday-specific, so I don't have to store them for 11.5 months ... like I have room for that ...

That piece of dotted fabric under the big heart? Yes, I said FABRIC! SU will be selling fat quarters of two different color combos that MATCH THE NEW PAPERS! EEEEEK! Here I just cut a small rectangle, frayed the edges, and sewed it down. But you don't HAVE to sew it. SU has both iron-on adhesive and sticky sheets, so there's lots of options. I'm going to have some fun with this!

The pretty satin ribbon is from my hoarded Baja Breeze ribbon cache. When it was retiring as an In Color, I scoured the catalog for ANY ribbon that matched, and I hoarded it. This is from a Ribbon Originals pack (I have two), and I also have several rolls of ... well, let's just say I have lots of it.

ETA: The big & little heart images both fit in the current heart punches (SU is clever like that), and both the other punches are new in the Holiday Mini.

Before I finished the card (I had to walk away and come back to it a few times), I had to take this picture:

This is The Captain's Table down to zero available work space. And you don't want to know about the avalanche wannabe I intercepted on the right, just out of camera range. Sigh. I actually had to contort myself to stamp those red hearts on the white scrap ... the acrylic block didn't fit in the space ...

In other news, I still have one more card to design for this weekend's Stamp Camps. There's LOTS of time left. It's only Wednesday, and I don't panic until late Saturday night, like after 9 pm. I work well under pressure. Good thing, huh?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That card is adorable! I love busy cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have a lot on it but it looks really nice. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)