Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hydrangea Thanks

Hark! What light through yonder window breaks?! Yeah, in a moment of frenzied domesticity yesterday, I cleaned my six windows. You know that commercial where the woman washes her windows and the man wakes up in his Barca-lounger thinking he's in the wrong house? Well, I'm both of those people. I cleaned the windows, and I keep wondering where I am, because it's so light in here.

In the stampin' part of my day yesterday, I was in desperate search for Project #4 for this weekend's Stamp Camps. In my blurfing for inspiration, I ran across several cards made with the Because I Care Level 1 Hostess Set. First I saw this one by Corrie, and my mouth dropped open as I gasped. I LOVE IT! I tried to CASE it, but I am not a good flower colorer. I tried many things. I stamped it with StazOn and tried coloring with markers. Blech. Plus, that was a lot of work, and I need to make sure not to frustrate The Ladies, though many of them can color. I also tried embossing it in black (lovely!) and using the Aquapainter with reinkers to color it. Soggy mess, though the end result wasn't horrible.

Then I spied this one by Andrea Walford. The flower was not colored! So I tried it. Lookie:

Yay! I sponged the new Crumb Cake ink all over the text DSP to distress it, plus I sponged it all around the flower. I used the new Early Espresso ink to stamp the flower and sentiment, and the obligatory ribbon is also Early Espresso. The red layers are Cherry Cobbler. I like it! I really do!

In other news, I started an irreverent card design last night (well, the design isn't irreverent, but the image and sentiment will be), and I hope to finish it tonight so I can show it to you. I might be distracted, though, as my box of goodies from the new SU catalog arrives tonight, and I may be busy fondling all of it. And plotting my next move.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)