Sunday, October 18, 2009

(I Forgot To Title This Post)

I thought I'd show you how I made all my Dragon Fly magnets this past week. First, I die-cut 20 of each of the parts - four different sizes of circles: three green and one black. Then I die-cut 20 dragon fly bodies out of black and wings out of copper. Yes, my arm was tired.

The first time I made these, I made only 7 of them, so I assembled them all, then glued on the magnets. But since both the magnet (on the back) and the Stickles (on the front) need to dry, I decided to divide and conquer this time, since I was making so many.


THIS time I first assembled the bottoms by sticking together the bottom two layers of green and the black bases.


I laid them all out front-side-down, applied a dollop of Crystal Effects, stuck on the magnets, and left them there to dry.


In this photo, I had not started the glue-on-the-magnet step, yet, so that stack of bottoms was still on my table. Just pretend they are gone. ;-)

Here I was playing with the black thread and the top layers, trying to get the spacing right.


See - three different looks. I decided to go with the one on the bottom left.


Here's the die-cut parts for the dragon flies.


Then I set to work on the rest of the front parts. I would wind the thread around 6 or 7 tops, apply the black bodies, then the wings, then do some more thread winding.


Here I've got all the thread wound and was applying the black bodies.


Here I was adding the wings.


All the wings - done!


And the Stickles have been added to the dots on the wings.


A finished top.


Here the tops and bottoms were introduced to each other. Then they just needed to be bagged and tagged.

Yes, it is a labor of love, but once I got the routine down, and divided up the drying time, things went much faster and easier.

That's all there is to it! I am planning on doing some more stamping today, my LAST day of freedom before I return to the Day Job tomorrow morning. I am sooo not ready. ;-( But I did get a lot accomplished around here on my Staycation, so I cannot complain all that much. It's been a fun ride!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done! You are so efficient and smart. These are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)