Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Stampin' ... I'm Stampin' ...

You have read here over the past few days how I have been struggling with Project #4 for this weekend's workshops/stamp camps. It's not like I haven't tried! In fact, I have about 5 projects laying around here that did not make the cut ... they were just not right.

But tonight - TONIGHT - I finished these:

This was inspired by this card over at Inking Addict. I really wanted to use Sage Shadow, as you can see. This is really simple to make and showcases the new To The Nines Specialty Designer Paper. I am not sure if I'll include it as a bonus project, or maybe hold it for next month. Why? Because I like this next one better:

This project is based on this week's Technique Lover's Challenge Demo Challenge (Edited to include the tutorial link, too, since not everyone can access the Demo side) over at SCS, to make a Crimped Envelope Pocket Card. Since I like to do something a little different each month, and I have not gotten to the marbles yet this week (so that isn't happenin'), this is what we'll be doing.

This is what the outside looks like (the crimped envelope part). (Like that wasn't obvious...)

This is the card that is on the inside of the envelope, and (to tell you a little secret), it is my favorite part of this project. I just love this SAB paper - they are soooooo my colors.
That tab I added to the insert keeps the top of the envelope from fitting nicely, but I think it adds a nice touch, and it lets you know there is something to pull out! Some people need instructions!!!! (It also showcases the back side of one of the papers. :-))

The stamp is one of the new SU single stamps, and I am lovin' it!

And THIS, my dear readers, is my attempt to show all the parts-is-parts together. How'd I do? :-)

Well, the cat is whining, so it must be past our collective beddy-bye time. Thanks for stopping by!!!

ETA: Don't forget about my Ribbon G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y! If you have not entered yet, time's a-wastin'!

3 comments:

  1. I think you've come up with a great project for this week's workshops...it's very cute :)
    I really like the first card too...you should definitely do that one sometime...that layered ribbon is gorgeous, and it's not like you don't have PLENTY of ribbon...LOL! The DP on it is gorgeous too...another thing to add to the *hope we get that* list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! That crimped envelope is one of the first SU! things I learned many years ago. I had forgotten all about it! Thanks for the reminder AND yours is the prettiest one I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these are great! I also love the crimped envelope!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)