Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Blast From My Past

Today's episode of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on NPR was broadcast from (or maybe just recorded at) The Victoria Theater in Dayton, Ohio - my hometown!

Back in High School, my boyfriend and I used to go to what was then the Victory Theater and attend midnight movie double-features. These included such classics as Friends followed by Harold & Maude. And not Friends, the TV show, people, Friends, the movie, from back before any of those TV show people were even born. You know, classics.

When I was going to the movies there, it was not this pretty. In the mid-70s, they made the demolish-versus-save decision and it was happily saved and refurbished. Isn't it a beautiful building now? But the inside, oh, the inside is magnificent. I am still looking for photos of the beautiful theater itself.

I'll be back later today with some stamping, I hope. I get to go to work tomorrow morning, and I need to be there by 4:30 am, so I've got to do 'everything else' today, as I figure tomorrow will be sorta weird. Getting home at 8:00 am does that to a person. If I don't return today, remember that today is Vote Earth Day. At 8:30 pm local time, wherever you live on Planet Earth, you can vote for Earth by switching off your lights for one hour - EARTH HOUR. DO IT! You will not be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)