Friday, February 27, 2009

Another CASE

No, I did not make this up...I CASEd it from this card on SCS. Fresh Cuts is one of those sets I had to have because of a sample card I'd seen, and even though I have tons of the Fresh Cut Notes, too, I have never managed to use the set for a workshop, or even a card, with much success. Until NOW!

Every once in a while I take a few moments to cruise the Splitcoast gallery, and I 'favorite' things I think I can use for workshops. Some months I have better luck on my own, but sometimes, like NOW, I have zero ideas and a workshop looming one short week away.

I liked everything about the original card, but I knew I'd have to use something in place of her Dew Drops (non-SU ... you know how that goes for workshops, though my customers really couldn't care less). I also found I was running low on Taffeta Choc Chip ribbon, so I substituted grosgrain. It's not quite as elegant, but it does the job. I also have issues using dark card stock as my card base, since I'd need to put a piece of white paper inside for writing the message, and I did not feel like dealing with that, so I made the base Whisper White and just made the Choc Chip another layer. This baby is hefty, lemme tell ya!


I have three of my four cards planned and made, so just one more to go. And I did decide to use the Lady Bug card as one of the projects since it was all SU. Sweet!

Yawn, time to hit the hay for me. I need to focus on getting my taxes mostly done this weekend. It's a psychological thing about not waiting until March to get started, so I'd best hop to it on Saturday! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely...we just found out that we're getting Fresh Cuts in the new catty and I'll be saving this card into my CASE file. What do you call a CASE of a CASE?????
    Have fun with the taxes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I too have to work on taxes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous! I love all the layers and the LO. Your customers are gonna love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)