Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Archaic Stuff

It's not that I don't know when to stop, it's just that these papers were OUT and IN PLAIN VIEW, and I NEEDED TO CLEAN so I could GO TO BED last night. As I sat at the table and fondled the remaining scraps of my Basic Grey Archaic papers, I noticed they were all (ALL) 4" long. Whatthe??? Then I started laying them next to each other, admiring how they were each so very busy, but they still worked together side-by-each. Then the lightbulb went off over my head, and it was blinding.

I grabbed a piece of Mellow Moss (from the next-to-the-cutter pile, so it counted as cleaning) and lined up those puppies to cover the front of the cards (I made 2).

They were 4" long. which left a 1/4" of Mellow Moss peeking out at the bottom. And when I say they were all 4" long, that is a relative statement. They were all about 4" long. C'mon, peeps, look who cut them! So I needed to deal with not only the 1/4" edge, but also the ends of the papers.

What to do, what to do. I tried putting a strip of dark brown along the bottom: blech. Then I thought about scalloping the bottom edge to shorten it and even it up at the same time. After I did that, it looked boring so I put a brown strip on the inside!

See? I do some of my best work under pressure. We Professional Procrastinators are good at that pressure thing. I aslo scalloped the top edge of the brown piece to make it look more, well, I don't know why. Maybe because the scallop punch was out... maybe. I also added that line of rub-on dots from my stack o'SAB rub-ons. Man, do I have a ton of those things left. Thank goodness we do not have rub-ons in this year's SAB catalog. No, this year I'll be stock-piling ribbon and DS paper instead.

Since the papers are so busy, I tried to cut it a little with ribbon (surprise!), but it was not happenin' for me. Then I realized it needed something horizontal, but not too bold, so I used a piece of ribbon from the 400+ yards of the Outlet stuff I still have, because it is neutral and very subtle. For the sentiments, I used two more of the SU Chit Chat rub-ons, and I put them on a piece of orange from the same Archaic pack. One of these days I may even use up that paper.

When I was done with these two cards, I actually put away the pack of paper and finished the Clean Sweep, after which I crashed. Today's workshops/classes went well. There was no whining and the much-anticipated riot did not materialize. Between the cutting and the PunchFest projects, I thought for sure there'd be an uprising, but all the projects were well-received. I am always pleased when that happens.

Well, no stampin' tonight, or else I'll have to clean up after myself. Knowing the likelihood of that happening, 'tis best to just not start. I think I know me pretty well. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Cards that emerge from scraps can be fantastic and rewarding. This was definitely true for you, huh?
    Very niiiiiiiicccccceeeee.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)