Saturday, January 3, 2009

Even More Thank You Notes, and Some Re-worked Contenders

In spite of my little adventure across the river today, I did manage to get a ton of stampin' done! First, I finished up yet another set of Thank You cards using another Mike's Dollar Bin find - these cool purple and green and red glossy cards:

These are really not my colors (well, except for the green...); they are much brighter than any colors I would normally choose. So I had yet another project taking me out of the ole comfort zone. I layered it on Perfect Plum on an Old Olive base. I finally found a ribbon in my Box of Green Ribbon stash that went really well with the froo-froo pattern; I really like the extra edge on the ribbon.

The cards came with that pre-printed purple circle and an purple initial in the center as a monogram (the pack I picked up was an 'O'), so I needed to cover it up somehow. I opted to use my go-to PTI sentiment set, stamped the image in Eggplant on Old Olive, then layered that on Perfect Plum. I had a difficult time with the purples, and I tried several different colors, but in the end the Perfect Plum was the least offensive to me. I made these a box of 8 cards and they'll make it to the store eventually.

Okay, now for the workshop project re-dos.

Here is the simple Thanks card, with the Artichoke and Regal Rose layers replaced with Black (thanks, June, for mentioning that option). I think it looks much better than the pink!

And here is the re-done Horse card. I disected it and added a piece of Artichoke DS paper underneath and I think it makes the whole thing come together more. I also tried to sponge some Close to Cocoa on the sentiment, and I stopped when it started to just look dirty. I took the bottom of the sentiment and just wiped it across the ink pad, and I like that better. I decided to leave it with the dirty-looking top edge to show my customers what not to do. Unless, of course, they want it to look like that.

Okay, I am stamped out for today. I hope to get to my January birthday cards tomorrow, maybe. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Those bright colors may not be your style, but you did a nice job with them.

    The thanks card is so elegant!

    Kudos on your "Celebrate You" card too...the artichoke layer adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)