Saturday, November 29, 2008

Marathon Post #8

I got mail! I got this sweet card from June this week. It is soooo nice to get something personal like a card. Now if only I'd actually send any of the cards that *I* make ....

So far today I have been in a perpetual state of distraction. It all started when I went into The Other Room to print off some SU stuff. I've been diligently working on my 2008 numbers for the biz, and I am still in the black, people! I cannot stand this! It is just not right! Then I realized I have not entered all of my "sold" stamp sets - more income. Then I figured out I have not entered all of my Demo orders - expenses. And ... I forgot I have also not entered my SU Volume Rebates (that additional income Demos get based on total monthly sales levels) - more income. So that's why I was in The Other Room: to print off all that stuff so I could spend some more time playing with the spreadsheet (ohboy). BUT, SU's Demo site is down for maintenance this morning, so I cannot get into it yet. Then the distractions set in.

You see, there is no end to distraction when I am in The Other Room. I mean, c'mon, with every square inch of every surface covered with something, I am never at a loss for something to clean or organize. Usually I can resist that urge and turn around and walk out, but something happened in my pre-caffeinated brain this morning, and I sat down to tackle The Recycle Pile.

One of my co-workers has a sign on her cube wall: Neat people never make the exciting kinds of discoveries that I do. I think I may have to change my page banner to add this as a footnote, because it is so true. If I were a neatnick, I could not be this creative. Half of what I make is the result of stuff landing on top of other stuff in the scrap pile!

So what did I discover today? Some tax stuff from 2006; my white address labels for my printer; my 2006 Convention workbook; and last, but most importantly, the carpet under the recycle pile! I cannot handle all this floor space! As I was sitting on the floor, I looked to my right and discovered my "missing" 1" square punch and some yummy blue EP I picked up at Mike's a while back. I put the punch away and put the blue EP on my work table so I can maybe make some more Bat Mitzvah cards this weekend.

Not bad for an hour's work, huh? So now that I am showerd and caffeinated and such, I did some blog administrivia...I added Google Analytics to my blogs. You know, with all that traffic I have, it's fun to know how poeple find you, so I thought I'd give it a try. I have high hopes of adding more stuff to my store after next weekend's show, so hopefully I will actually get some traffic over there! We'll see.

I am working on projects for my December workshops, and I also think I'll make some stuff for this weekend's Holiday Show. I'll stop back later with some of my creations, if I actually finish any of them.

2 comments:

  1. You are so spoiled getting a card from the fabulous Miss June!!!
    I was thinking that you should post photos of *The Other Room*...I for one am rather curious....I mean, how bad can it really be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote. Yes, discoveries...that is a much better view on my craft room as well.

    And I agree with Kristie...I'd love to see The Other Room.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)