Thursday, November 27, 2008

Marathon - Post #3

You know how you set out to do one thing, but you have to do something else first? This is why it takes me forever to do anything. I sometimes get so lost in have-to-do-firsts that I eventually forget what I it was I'd originally planned to do.

One of my goals today was to enter all my 2008 sales receipts and workshop stuff into my 2008 spreadsheet. Once this is done, I'll need to have somewhere to put all those papers. I usually grab an empty (!) storage box and just put them in that. Empty storage box. Uh-huh. I saw this as an opportunity to start working on The Other Room. If I could get even one box emptied out, that would be great. So here it is:

The Box. Looks innocent enough, doesn't it? Little did I know the paths down which this box would send me today. Let's open it up and look inside, shall we?



Here's a mouse pad and some (fuzzy) instructions to the first stamp positioner I bought many moons ago. Hmph, haven't seen that thing in years.
.
.
.



Here we have a packaged-for-sale card that I cannot sell. The image is copyrighted and you cannot use it on cards you sell. Poohy. It has not seen the light of day for years. Hey, maybe one of you will get it some day! ;-)
.
.
.
.
.
Here is a very cool piece of tissue paper I have had for years. There were two pieces in the box, and I almost (almost) put them in the Keep pile, until I remembered I have a whole pack of this stuff in The Other Room, so I tossed it (okay, recycled it.)
.
.
.
This is really old. This is a note I wrote to myself for when to show up for my first Farmers Market. It was September 11, 2004, the day that started it all.

Have you ever looked and looked and looked for something in the stores and when you finally find it, you buy a lot? Well, I had this bug up my butt one year that it would be cool to make memo cubes, so I grabbed these when I found them, and they have been in a box ever since. Their edges are yellowed, so if I ever do use them, I'll have to ink up the sides. I put them away in my "I'll alter this some day" box in The Other Room's closet.

Oooh, looky here - an old One Sheet Wonder! You'll see this again later.
.


Here's an early Crooked Stamper creation. Do you ever go back and look at the cards you made 5 years ago and wonder what you were thinking? Today I thought this card was still passable, but it needed ribbon (or something.) You will see this later, too.
.
.
.
.
Oh, look! Here's the Stamp Positioner that goes with the instructions I found earlier. Both ended up on the table in The Other Room. I will deal with them later.

That's it for the box - it was officially empty! I took all the papers from The Other Room and set them on the Living Room table, next to the now-empty box:

"I'll get to this later", she said innocently.







That's it for this post. Gotta go eat something and finish up a few projects, then I'll be back to post some actual stampin' stuff! I hope you are enjoying your time with your families!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I have to chuckle at this post. It is as if you have read my mind when I tackle a whole house clean out. One task leads to another...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)