Friday, November 21, 2008

Have I Gone Too Far?

The creative process in The Crooked Stamper house is a little off-center. Or off-the-wall, to quote one of my favorite singers. He wrote a song entitled "Off-the-wall Music" to demonstrate how his creative process sometimes works, and one of those is like a simple stream of thoughts that just kind of flows, and may not make a lot of sense, but it mostly rhymes. Well, my dear readers, that is how this beast came into being.

It started when I was making a copy of something last night on my printer/copier/fax machine, and since we all know I never put anything away, I spotted the partially-used DCWV Dog Scrapbook Kit, with a piece of paw-print paper sticking out of it. I gazed at the paw prints, and wondered if they'd fit in the 3/4" circle punch. So I grabbed it and as I passed by the bookcase, I saw my not-put-away Season of Friendship stamp set. The only time I have used this set was when I punched out the leaves ... with the 3/4" circle punch. Can you see where this is going?

Paw prints ... partially-used Dog scrapping paper set ... tree ...punch ... leaves ...and my brain went to "Dogwood". I cannot explain that, it just happened. You probably do not want to know how my brain works.

So here's the card:


Too much? Ya think? Do you think anyone would buy it? Sigh ... I think I need a hobby. Oh, wait, this IS my hobby. Let me work on that.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny! I bet it probably would sell at your market...lots of dog lovers shop there, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)